Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Poems for Trump #39 America Shops.

America Shops


America shops ... & then goes home.



America ... your soul is green. your fingers mint currency, your feet forge false ingots, your eyes see empty horizons, your legs march towards false dawns ...
America ... you've got your cheap tv, you've captured joy & containment, you've cornered the market, you've found all lost prophets, you've made sure of the final episodes ...
America ... you surely contain me, you ever so definitely horrify me, you each & every day lessen me, you overwhelm me, you reduce me ...
America ... the world becomes you, the people love you, the children envy you, the papas imitate you, the mamas just hope you ...
America ... your dollar excludes me, your banks deny me, your corporations just overlook me, your industries may soon destroy me ...
America ... your future awaits you, your poor folk haunt you, your rich folk dazzle you, your news just smokes & mirrors you, your understanding ... is beyond me.
America ...your closets are never too full, your wallets call you, your purses cry out to you, your credit cards whisper to you, & in secret your dollar bills make love to you ...
America ... your karma dooms you, your Kissinger is not funny, your Reagan dines with Satan, your preachers preach with poison, your Christians destroy you ...
America ... can you hear me? you don't answer my calls, do I have the wrong number? are you just plain avoiding me?
America ... you think I'm kidding? you think you can out-wait me? you think I'm all mouth & no trousers? you think your days aren't numbered? ...
America ... I'm tired of waiting, I'm now on a mission, I'll recruit my soldiers, I'll destroy your temples, I'll overturn your tables, I'll tell the end of your stories, I'll just plain overcome you ...
America ... you think I'm joking?


(With a nod to young Allen of course)

No comments:

Post a Comment